You can join up to 50 LinkedIn groups and 50 sub-groups. Diversify the types of groups you join. Select from:
- Job Search
- Special Interests
Benefits of LinkedIn Groups
- Expand your knowledge
- Competitive Intelligence
- Ask questions
- Take polls
- You can see the profiles of group members as if they were 1st level connections
- Correspond without InMails (send messages)
- Commonality of group makes it easier to connect with members
- Network for more business
- Recruit help
- Find resources, collaborations, etc.
LinkedIn Group Visibility
Want to hide the visibility of the group on your profile (i.e. for job seekers, etc.? Leave a Group? Change messages received or emails from group members? Click on < Groups > under your “Interests” tab om the main navigation bar.
Click on the Group you wish to edit and click on the < i >.
Which reveals your < Settings > link.
Click on < Settings > and choose your options.
Last update: January 21, 2014