My love is organic search engine optimization and do it yourself marketing to promote Judy’s business, A-BnC Parties and More, Inc. Why? Because it only takes time! Time to learn, then time to implement, then time to tweak.
Through years of research and intuitive exploring I have gathered a wealth of information and references. I’ve learned that pretty sites even if well optimized don’t draw traffic nor resulting sales. I also learned that what you “think” is great may not be to your audience. I also learned than most self acclaimed “gurus” are really not.
There comes a time when everyone must market. You have to get the word out through appropriate channels so people can find you. Then see if they buy! If not, reinvent yourself. That’s what we have done on the Web, several times.
The basic building blocks are –
• determine your niche market through research work,
• construct your site based on the message you wish to convey,
• make sure people can navigate your site easily,
• “sell” your product,
• optimize for organic search results,
• add analytics and learn to use,
• market, market, market, market, etc.
• tweak all of the above…
Sites can have flaws and people will always criticize them. (I still have not optimized fully myself!) In the end, it boils down to whether you accomplish your goals, make sales and stay in business.