There is a new feature on LinkedIn, the ability to follow thought leaders. As a recognized business leader, Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group, had these reflections on starting a successful business recently.
- Listen more than you talk. We have two ears and one mouth, using them in proportion is not a bad idea!
- Keep it simple. You have to do something radically different to stand out in business. But nobody ever said different has to be complex.
- Take pride in your work. There are qualities they all have in common in those who have gone the extra mile – One was pride in their work, and in the company they represent.
- Have fun, success will follow. If you aren’t having fun, you are doing it wrong. If you feel like getting up in the morning to work on your business is a chore, then it’s time to try something else.
- Rip it up and start again. Every successful businessperson has experienced a few failures along the way – the important thing is how you learn from them.
Here is my updated pdf for those interested in launching your own small business Website. I list relevant questions concerning the business goals of the site, your products and services, target marketing as well as competitive analysis. This should get you started along the correct path and will increase the odds and better your chances of success. Getting Started on Your Website – Part 1 – Rev 02 (Needs an Adobe reader.)