LinkedIn is the world’s largest on line social networking site dedicated for business. And LinkedIn is changing quite rapidly right before our very monitor, tablet or smartphone screens. New personal profiles are due to be completely rolled out to all members by the end of the year and changes to the company page format were recently completed.
What does this mean to the small business owner in the greater Chicagoland area? More opportunities to market yourself and your business with no out of pocket expenses. It’s what I call networking on steroids. Sure, it requires a time commitment, what doesn’t? The thing is this time commitment has an extremely LARGE potential pay off, but only if you are willing to get into the action and work for long term results.
- We’ve lost Events and Polls have been modified… but
- Personal profiles are streamlined and easier to navigate.
- Some sections have been moved or names changed, and
- some sections are now anchored or fixed in different areas of your profile.
Deal with it all since on the positive side we have new capabilities such as
- Easy editing,
- Drag and drop (greatly expanded) functionality,
- Rich Media Files, which replaces third party applications.
- (Note: I particularly miss Amazon Reading Lists.)
If I were you, if I haven’t at least put an effort into finding how my business can benefit, I would put a priority in learning how to leverage this fantastic business networking tool NOW. That is, before your competition does!
Check out my recently upgraded LinkedIn Profile Self Evaluation Checklist article. And contact me or call 847-634-6535 for one-on-one LinkedIn coaching for your small business or to aid in your job search.