If your LinkedIn address (URL) displaying your public profile contains the default name plus numbers at the end, please consider changing to a customized profile. It will be much easier for people to remember and for you to share via hyperlinks.
You can customize your public profile URL with the simple steps in my PowerPoint slide deck. Be forewarned that custom public profile URLs are available on a first come, first served basis. Therefore if your first name/last name is not available you may need to add a middle initial, nickname or even incorporate your business name somehow.
These are the current limitations according to LinkedIn (as of this publication date): “Your custom URL must contain between 5 – 30 letters or numbers. Please do not use spaces, symbols, or special characters.”
Steps in summary:
- Log into LinkedIn and go to your “Edit Profile” screen.
- Click on < Edit > next to your current URL
- A new window opens
- Scroll down the right sidebar (Note: may be at the top as well) until your see the light blue hyperlink < Customize your public profile URL > and click
- Start typing in a custom url over the existing URL.
- LinkedIn will notify you if the name is already in use then you must modify to your liking.
- When happy with your selection finalize by clicking on < set custom url >.
Remember to add to your other social media channels and include on the signature line of your emails as well as your business cards.
Please remember, I can help you grow your small business by effectively networking and marketing on LinkedIn. I combine by 30+ years as a professional consultative sales person with Web networking. In this day and age you must think like a salesperson and always be on the alert for new, qualified prospects. I assist you through one-on-one coaching to help get you to reach your goals quicker rather than using the impersonalized learning programs available
Call to discuss at 847-634-6535, or contact Michael Yublosky.
As before, feel free to share this information with your friends and leave your comments or questions below.