- There is an appropriate background (hero image) with a good ‘tag’ line. It isn’t too bright nor does it detract from the profile photo. It supports a professional brand.
- The profile picture is a high resolutions headshot which fits into the allowed space. You are dressed work-ready.
- The ‘Headline’ or ‘Tag’ (under your name) nears 120 characters (including punctuation & spaces) long. Targeted keywords are included with a value statement, not just a title.
- The LinkedIn URL (address) is personalized and not just a string of numbers.
- You provide an email address and phone number in the ‘Contact Info’ as well as in your profile ‘About’ section.
- You wrote your summary statement in the first person. You explain how you can solve your ideal client’s challenges or problems. At least three of your top areas are emphasized to make you stand out from your competitors.
- Your included keywords appear in the correct fields.
- Keywords also appear in the titles in all of your “Experience” sections.
- Your About, Experience and Education (if a recent graduate) sections have social proof statements.
- Your Skills and Endorsements section lists and ranks your skills.
- There are at least one or two Recommendations for recent and relevant Experiences and/or Education.
This 10+1 review is the starting point to leveraging LinkedIn. Use it as a building block. Brand yourself with it and help ramp up your networking and marketing success on LinkedIn.
Please Share If You Thought This Was Beneficial